Campbell fire started near electrical components of bed

No one was home at the time, but a pet was killed.

TOWN OF CAMPBELL, Wis. (WKBT) — Investigators say Sunday night’s fire in a Town of Campbell home started in a bedroom.

It happed just before 8 p.m. Sunday.

Fire Chief Nate Melby told News 8 Now he believes it ignited near electrical components of a bed.

No one was home at the time, but a cat died, and firefighters rescued another feline.

Recent headlines on News 8 Now

Onalaska man charged with eighth-offense OWI after fiery crash in Farmington

Thompson opts out of potential bid to return as Wisconsin governor

La Crosse Parks Department encourages ‘No Mo May!’ to help pollinators such as bees

Two injured in Buffalo County motorcycle crash