Crockpot Mexican Tortillas Soup-Gundersen Health System
Crock Pot Mexican Tortilla Soup
Makes 8 (2 cup) servings
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
4 c. reduced sodium chicken broth
3 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies
6 oz. frozen corn (1/2 bag)
3 Tbsp. cumin
3 chicken breasts (about 8-10 oz.each)
2 (14 oz.) cans black beans
Light sour cream
1. Chop peppers and onion. Mince garlic. Place in crock pot.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, broth, green chilies, corn, and cumin to crock pot.
3. Place chicken breasts on top of soup mixture.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
5. Once cooked, remove chicken breasts and shred, using two forks. Add back into soup.
6. Rinse and drain beans. Spoon about 1/3 c. beans into each bowl along with soup.
7. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition Analysis per 2 cup bowl: 280 calories, 4.5g fat, 32g protein, 33g carbohydrate, 9g fiber, 660mg sodium