DETOUR: I-90 bridge replacement near Nodine in Winona County
A brief detour is scheduled for Thursday, August 20
NODINE, Minn. (WKBT) – Motorists will encounter a short detour on I-90 near Nodine in Winona County on Thursday, August 20 as road crews pour the deck of the new bridge over the interstate.
According to the Minnesota Department of Transportation, all eastbound and westbound lanes will be closed from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on I-90 under the Winona County Road 12 Bridge at Exit 267 near Nodine. Traffic will be directed up the ramp of the exit and back down the ramp to I-90. There will be a traffic signal at the top of the ramp. Vehicles will be able to cross the existing bridge.
Mathiowetz Construction Co., is the prime contractor on this $8.9 million project. During construction, crews are replacing the Winona County Road 12 Bridge over I-90 at the Nodine exit. The new bridge is being built adjacent to the current bridge, so it will remain open through much of the construction work. The westbound I-90 entrance ramp is being extended, and a right-turn lane to eastbound I-90 entrance ramp is being built. Work is expected to be complete in November.
MnDOT reminds motorists entering work zones that safety is the responsibility of all:
• Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
• Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
• Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
• Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
• Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
• Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
For more traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org.