Dozens of residents displaced by apartment fire

ROSEVILLE, Minn. (AP) — As many as 100 residents of an apartment building in Roseville had to find another place to stay after a fire and smoke damaged their units.

The tenant of the unit where the fire started Tuesday night says she thought she turned off the stove after cooking dinner and left to pick up a friend at the bus station.

Roseville firefighters rescued one resident through a window of the three-story building. The Pioneer Press says Centennial Commons apartments were built in the 1960s and had no sprinklers in the building.