Faulty wiring blamed for La Crosse house fire

La Crosse firefighters find electrical fire in home’s ceiling

LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) — La Crosse firefighters extinguished a fire in a house in the 1300 block of Charles Street Friday before the flames reached the attic.
Firefighters reached the home in 3 minutes and saw light smoke wafting from the back of the two-story house, according to a fire department news release.
Fire attack crews who entered the home found that a fire in the ceiling of the first-floor kitchen had reached the floor of the second story. They put it out before it reached the attic, according to the release.
The residents had left the house before firefighters arrived, but the fire displaced four people.
La Crosse Fire Department investigators pinpointed faulty electrical wiring as the cause.
Other agencies at the scene were La Crosse police, Gundersen Tri-State Ambulance, Xcel Energy and the Red Cross.