Four Wisconsin hotel guests sickened by apparent CO leak

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Four guests at a Green Bay hotel were taken to the hospital after being sickened by an apparent carbon monoxide leak.

It happened Friday night at Hilton Garden Inn near Lambeau Field.

Battalion Chief Ed Jarosz of the Green Bay Fire Department says two children became ill in the hotel’s swimming pool area.

Jarosz says the children were transported by ambulance, and two other people were taken to a hospital by private vehicles.

The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports no information was available about the condition of any of those sickened.

Jarosz says elevated levels of carbon monoxide were found in the swimming pool area and a mechanical room where a heating system apparently malfunctioned, causing the leak.

Hotel management was not available to comment Saturday.