Gas main broken near Fort Dodge building, day care
FORT DODGE, Iowa (AP) — No evacuations were made after a 3-inch natural gas main was ruptured near a day care and the Fort Dodge Municipal Building.
The Messenger reports the line was broken around 2:20 p.m. Tuesday, apparently by a backhoe that was making a trench for installation of an electrical line.
Fire Capt. Mitch Sells says firefighters monitored air quality in the Municipal Building and Tracey’s Tots Daycare & Preschool. MidAmerican Energy spokeswoman Tina Potthoff says the gusting winds helped disperse the gas.