Osseo man arrested for OWI after crashing van
TOWN OF BELVIDERE (WKBT) — An Osseo man was arrested Thursday after police say he crashed a van while driving drunk.
Angel Rosales Ginez, 28, was driving a 2008 Chevrolet Uplander at about 7:40 p.m. when he lost control on a curve, leaving the road and crashing into an embankment, according to the Buffalo County Sheriff’s Office.
Rosales Ginez and his two passengers were all injured. Rosales Ginez and the backseat passenger declined medical attention; however, the frontseat passenger was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries.
The sheriff’s office says alcohol and speed were factors in the crash.
Rosales Ginez was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated–causing injury and operating a motor vehicle after recovation. He also had an open Eau Claire County warrant.
Assisting the sheriff’s office at the scene were the Tri-Community Fire Department, Scenic Valley Ambulance and Alma Ambulance.
Recent News Headlines from News 8 Now
- ‘They’re dying’: Gundersen COVID unit director in La Crosse goes viral with plea for young people
- Catholic Charities holding supply drive for Afghan refugees
- Richland Center mom says she doesn’t want her kids being “fearful” of COVID this school year
- River Point District in La Crosse continues to see progress
- VA Report: Mismanagement of patient care at Tomah VA contributed to death
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.