Viterbo honors employees at annual Rose Awards
LA CROSSE (WKBT) — Viterbo University in La Crosse awarded a history professor and its career services director with top honors Thursday.
At the annual Rose Awards ceremony, Viterbo named professor Keith Knutson Teacher of the Year and Beth Dolder-Zieke as Employee of the Year.
Those who nominated Knutson said he is a “respected leader and a walking index of world history and boldly promotes the importance of academic rigor and helps students put advocacy into action so they can use their voices for change.”
Beth Dolder-Zieke’s nominators said they “can’t help but notice the deep and transformative contributions she has made and the consistency with which she lent her creativity, insightfulness, collaborative spirit, and sunny disposition to countless projects and initiatives.”
Viterbo also honored several more employees duringthe awards ceremony:
- Todd Ericson, retired vice president for administration and finance, received the Sister Helen Elsbernd Distinguished Service Award, which is presented to a person who has provided outstanding service to the university for more than 20 years, typically in more than one capacity.
- Maria Morgan-Bathke, nutrition and dietetics, got the Alec Chiu Award, which salutes exceptional work in fostering and developing scholarly opportunities for both students and faculty.
- Kayla Berg and Alicia Wolfert, human resources, received the Pax et Bonum Award, which recognizes those who demonstrate the Franciscan values of service, respect, hospitality, stewardship and joy throughout the Viterbo community.
- Lisa Konkel, assistant director of academic advising, received the Outstanding Advisor of the Year awards for work with students.
- Alumna Sarah Havens was presented with the St. Francis Mission Award, which goesto a person who has demonstrated exemplary dedication to the mission of the university.
- Receiving Servant Leader Awards for outstanding leadership were Alycia Larson, graduate admissions; Hope Hembd, advancement; Dawn Popp, physical plant; Nicky Rose, College of Business, Leadership, and Ethics, and Kasie Von Haden, academic advising.
- Receiving Outstanding Adjunct Professor Awards for their respective schools were Sarah Stetter, College of Business, Leadership, and Ethics; Gretchen Lindahl, College of Nursing and Health; Tara Allert, College of Engineering, Letters, and Sciences; Meredith Mihm, Conservatory for the Performing Arts, and David Perrodin, School of Education.
Recent News Headlines from News 8 Now
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.